TYGA MC 21 Power-Up Kit
The above graphs show the difference between a stock MC21, and the same MC21 five hours and a few TYGA parts later.
This was the test procedure:
2. TYGA SS pipes with aluminium silencers. Shown below compared to stock and wire splice.
3. Aluminium silencers back-to-back with C/K silencers. No differences here.
4. TYGA SS pipes back-to-back with TYGA GP pipes, both wearing C/K silencers. GP pipes give better power all the way up
This established the TYGA GP pipes and the wire splice to be a good enough combination to jump from a stock 46.6hp up to 58.7hp at peak values in 4th gear, with over 25hp gained at peak in 6th gear!
5. TYGA GP pipes with C/K silencers compared to the same but with TYGA Hi -Flo reed valves fitted. Better midrange, higher peak power and more over-rev.
6. TYGA Hi-Flo reeds with stock petals against TYGA Hi-Flo reeds with carbon petals. Even more midrange and peak power.
7. And finally... The best of the rest compared with some small airbox mods and a little rejetting (#150 mains). A very slight loss of midrange, but a huge jump in peak power and over-rev.
So there you have it!
From a stock 46.6hp, up to a peak of 63.7hp. That's a 36.7% increase in power and a very realistic top speed of over 125mph. Not too bad for an afternoon's work!
Parts needed are as follows: